- Editorial Advisor: Journal of Accountancy magazine
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ PROFESSIONAL
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Registered Fiduciary™
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 63 Registrations
- Masters in Finance from Cleveland State University
- Bachelors in Accounting from Cleveland State University
- Contributor to the nationally published book, "Tips From the Top: Targeted Advice from America's Top Money Minds" (Edited by Edie Milligan, Alpha Publishing).
- University Partnerships
- 10 years of service with the Cleveland Chapter of the Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) in a variety of Board level roles
"We’re in the advice business."
After three decades in the financial advice industry, Patrick is skilled at managing change. Whether it’s a shifting market, tax code or regulatory issue, he puts a high value on translating these changing issues into understandable and actionable advice for his clients. He’s also a key mentor for the Capital Advisors team, teaching and guiding staff on the industry and how they can lead it into the future.
"The best part is sitting down and talking."
Patrick’s role as mentor also translates into his client interactions. He finds the best part of his day is his face-to-face clients meetings. They allow him to not only learn more about his clients’ lives, but also help bring a client’s entire financial picture into focus. He sees himself as a financial quarterback and fiscal doctor for his clients – calling plays while prescribing the best course of action to align investments, taxes and business succession plans with goals.
"Mentoring is giving back."
As the first member of his family to earn a college degree, Patrick understands the importance of perseverance, patience – and having a trustworthy mentor. He works extensively with local high school and college students who are interested in finance, giving them a resource for advice and answers. He also spearheaded a program with a local university that allows college seniors to prepare and present a financial plan to experienced financial planners.